Sunday 3 October 2010

Iceburg Blues

Bondi Beach, Sydney, looking out across the Iceburg pools and the surrounding bay. The day had started out dull and grey but as the afternoon sun broke through I got to see Bondi at its wave breaking best. I loved the colours and conformity of the lines of the pools with people swimming safely alongside the contrasting relentless rocky ocean breaks. This powershot splinter is an winning example of why I think I now need a wide angle lens for my SLR. So many of my shots I find I flip to the portrait/vertical because I cannot capture the depth of all the things I want to fit in the frame- in this the composition works out ok, but misses the sweeping bay and dramatic edge to the shot which the view gave me. Time get writing that wish list for Santa....
1/1500|f4.5|ISO80|

No comments:

Post a Comment