Sunday 13 June 2010

Super Market






















Market day in Chichicastenago and an acknowledged spiritual day in the Mayan calendar. The plaza put me into sensory overload with the vibrant colours of the rambling endless maze of stalls, busy purposeful people, the ringing sound of market trade, hot bright sun and the smoky sandalwood incense drifting across the square. I sat down for a while on the church steps to allow myself the time to take it all in. I thought it would be a good opportunity to attempt some people photography- something I am not so familiar with. I soon realised why a zoom lens would be very helpful for future attempts. The woman photographed had just left the church with her shopping and small cannister still smoking from the incense she had just burnt while observing her ancient ritual. Depth of field was used to blur the background and focus in on the subject. 

1/250|f4.0|ISO80|

No comments:

Post a Comment