Sunday 21 November 2010

Leaf Pool

The park around the corner from where I live, late Sunday afternoon. I was having one of those rare muddy-messy-walking-in-circles kinda weeks and was feeling unusually downbeat. I took myself out for a walk with my trusty camera (need me a dog...), but feeling convinced nothing would inspire me- go negativity! I walked through the all too familiar park and after being bored by the dead leaves, weak light and uninteresting winter trees, I suddenly decided to deviate from my intended path to see if the old paddling pool was still looking as shabby as ever. It was. As the weak sunlight faded into the grey cardboard sky, it briefly created a moment of paddling, scruffy beauty across the leaf smattered puddly water.  
1/50|f7.1|ISO400|

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture... I've spnt ages staring at it. The blue of the pool tricks you brilliantly. Simply love it!

    ReplyDelete